Frequently Asked Questions

Who do I contact about fire restrictions/burn bans within Albany County?

Please see below for the following jurisdictions:

Private LandsVisit the Albany County Fire Warden website at

United States Forest Service: Contact the Medicine Bow-Routt National Forest at (307) 745-2300 or visit

Bureau of Land Management: Wyoming State Office (307) 755-6256 or visit

Who do I contact regarding TEIR II Reporting and the Community Right to Know Act?

EMA works with private/ public facilities that contain hazardous materials. Please contact us if you have questions or visit to learn more about TEIR II reporting.


I have storm damage from severe or winter weather, who should I contact?

If your property has sustained damage or loss, please remember it is your responsibility to contact your home owners insurance to file a claim.  The County encourages residents and businesses to report damages to EMA at or call (307) 721-1815 .

By reporting your damages, please be aware that the County is not responsible for repairing or mitigating damages. The purpose of this reporting system is to enable the County to collect data in order to possibly become eligible for state and federal disaster assistance. The County will only be eligible if the disaster declaration threshold is met.

Is Emergency Management required for each Wyoming County?

Yes, by Wyoming statute each county must have an Emergency Management Coordinator. 

What is an EOC?

EOC stands for Emergency Operations Center. An EOC is an area set aside for use by Emergency Management and other agencies to conduct operations during a disaster/incident, coordinate additional resources with outside agencies, distribute information to stakeholders/media, and brief elected officials. During a disaster/incident our EOC serves all jurisdictions within Albany County including the City of Laramie and the Town of Rock River.