The constituents of Albany County are the most important people to enter our office. They shall expect and be provided friendly, efficient, and professional service in the collection and distribution of taxes and registration of vehicles.
WE ARE OPEN!!
See the current public health order here: https://www.co.albany.wy.us/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=48
Information on how to reach us Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m.:
Drop Box: Located within the courthouse at the base of the stairs at the south entrance (Grand Avenue side of the building)
We have additional information and options to transact business online. Those options are as follows:
1. iTax – this is an online portal to look up your property tax information and to be able to pay it on the spot. Information and how – to’s coming soon. The iTax site can be found here: https://itax.tylertech.com/AlbanyWY/
2. iReg – this is the new online portal to renew your license plates online. You will need to be prepared with you license plate number and your PIN number which is unique to each vehicle. Information and how to use is coming soon. At this time, we will waive any postage fees associated with mailing your renewal to you. The iReg site can be found here: https://ireg.tylertech.com/AlbanyWY
3. The previous online payment system is still available and can be found here: https://secure.cpteller.com/terminal/portal/?op=b3FSefxkMS55
Online payments do have fees associated with them. The fees for the making payments online are as follows:
1. Debit/credit cards (Visa, Mastercard, Discover, etc.) = 2.49%
2. American Express = 3.50%
3. ACH or eCheck = $1.50 flat fee
Unfortunately, these fees cannot be waived. Many entities, such as Walmart or other retail locations, are able to absorb the fees in the course of doing business. Albany County Government is not able to do so as it is a contractual obligation and it would also reduce the statutory distribution to the entities that receive mill levy funding.