My office and the Laramie Fire Department always get lots of phone calls related to fireworks and their use. The primary question that we get is related to where can fireworks be used? The following is a list of property ownership and if fireworks can be used.
- United States Department of Agriculture, U.S. Forest Service lands:
- United States Department of Interior, Bureau of Land Management:
- State of Wyoming administered lands:
- State of Wyoming, Game and Fish administered lands:
- Within the City of Laramie limits:
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Lands:
- No Fireworks or Possession of Fireworks allowed
- Privately owned land within Albany County:
- Fireworks are allowed unless fire restrictions have been put in place by the Albany County Commissioners.
- Town of Rock River, town limits:
- No ordinances prohibiting use, Contact local officials
Check with local homeowner’s association for pertinent regulations.
Please use all safety recommendations when using fireworks. This should include having some method of fire extinguishment available.