Property Tax Refund Program
As of August 1, 2023, Albany County has adopted a County Property Tax Refund Program under Wyoming State Statute 39-13-109(c)(vi). The rules in their entirety can be found here: Albany County Property Tax Refund Program Rules
Program Overview (please see rules above for complete information)
Qualifications for Eligibility:
1. Must be a resident of the state of Wyoming for a period of not less than five (5) year prior to the year being applied for.
2. Applicant must attest to occupying the property for more than nine (9) months of the preceding calendar year.
3. Applicant must have paid the property tax timely for the preceding calendar year.
4. Total household income shall not exceed 125% or the median gross household income for Albany County.
a. For tax year 2022, the median gross income is $53,030 and 125% of that is $66,288
5. Total household assets, excluding the items below, shall not have a value in excess of $150,000.
a. The value of the home subject to the refund application.
b. One (1) personal motor vehicle per adult in the household
c. Household furnishings and personal property
d. Assets held under a bona fide pension plan or individual retirement account.
e. The cash value of any life insurance policies held.
f. Assets held in a medical savings account.
6. Applications are due September 5, 2023, by the close of business (5:00 pm MDT)
7. Refunds shall not exceed 75% of the applicants tax liability for the previous calendar year, nor shall the refund exceed 1/2 of the median residential property tax liability for the county (median = $1,869.20 1/2 = $934.60). Additionally, if applicant received a refund from the State of Wyoming's refund program, the total of state refund and the county refund shall not exceed 100% of the applicant's prior year's property tax.
Program application can be found here: 2022 Albany County Property Tax Refund Program Application